Saturday, September 10, 2011

Where were you on 9/11?

I'm laying here watching tv and pretty much every channel has something about 9/11 on. So I'm wondering what you were doing on 9/11. Where were you. What were your thoughts when you first Heard the news? I was working at a harveys restaurant. A customer stepped up to order and says " did you hear a plane just crashed into the world trade center" as he and I discussed it another customer comes along and hears us talking. It didn't crash he says a second plane just hit the other tower. America is under attack. I almost didn't believe them. This can't be true right. I headed down the mall to stand out side the Sony store and see what the tvs were saying about. Every tv was tuned into CNN. The were already replaying the plane strike over and over. Here in nova scotia we had hundreds of stranded passengers because of them grounding all flights. My restaurant helped feed many of these people who were scared and stuck in a country they don't know. It was a strange few days. People didn't complain about being stuck. They Seemed to realize that for the moment there were bigger things going on in the world. So here we are 10 years later. Are we safer? Has anything changed? Or have we just stirred up the radicals of the world.? Please share your 9/11 memories.

3 comments:

  1. http://www.dailykos.com/story/2008/09/11/594730/-Where-Were-You-on-9-11?via=user

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was skipping school and started out at the mall. I remember going to the arcade to hang out and there were atleast 70 people standing around a little tv infront of one of the pizza places.

    I went up wondering what the hell is going on? Then complete shock!!! I thought it was a movie. I called my mom and boyfriend and told them to turn on the tv.

    Then I left and went home and didn't leave the tv for what felt like a week.


    Its hard to believe its been 10 years. My thoughts still go out to all the people that experienced that day first hand and all the families that lost someone they loved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was home and playing on the computer with TV on and they were talking about the first plane hitting..then they said..this is not a replay..another plane has crashed..

    very surreal at the time( and now) that something like that could happen

    I just got back from vacation and left the same airport the planes left from ( NJ i think)

    ReplyDelete